MIRA avocado oil and health
MIRA extra virgin avocado oil (1st press) is a 100% natural oil made from fresh avocados, without any chemical added, unrefined. Each 250ml bottle contains oil extracted from 12 avocados
MIRA avocado oil is rich in monounsaturated fatty acids (oleic acid, an omega-9 fatty acid), many vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants:
- high levels of vitamin D and E.
- many minerals including Potassium, Magnesium, Calcium and Iron.
- Linolenic acid (an omega-3 fatty acid) and Linoleic acid (an omega-6 fatty acid).
- MIRA avocado oil also contains: Chlorophyll, Beta-Sitosterol, Alpha-Linolenic acid (which is an omega-3 fatty acid), Lecithin and Beta-Carotene.
Avocado oil has many health benefits, below a summary of the most important:
- Avocado oil is extremely rich in Oleic acid (which is an omega-9 fatty acid) protects the cardiovasculair system. It reduces the blood concentration of LDL and triglycerides, hence lowering the potential for plaque formation and vessel blockages. Omega-9 fatty acids have strong anti-inflammatory effects, help in the breakdown of saturated fatty acids and keep the cell wall elastic.
- Potassium in avocado oil provides a healthy blood pressure.
- Avocado oil boosts the absorption of carotenoids in your food. According to a study published in the March 2005 issue of the “Journal of Nutrition”, fat-soluble carotenoids rely on dietary fats, but most foods that are high in carotenoids are low in fat.
– Avocados contain high quantities of unsaturated fatty acids as well as generous amounts of carotenoids. According to the study, including avocado oil increased the absorption of alpha-carotene, beta-carotene and lutein from a salad by as much as 5 to15 times when compared to a salad without avocado oil. See: http://jn.nutrition.org/content/135/3/431.full or PDF: Journal of Nutrition maart 2005
– Alpha-carotene is among others in carrot, pumpkin, sweet potato, broccoli, spinach, green beans and lettuce.
– Beta-carotene is among others in spinach, cabbage, carrots, mango and tangerines.
– Lutein is among others in avocados (avocados contain more lutein than most other vegetables and fruits), blueberries, raspberries, lettuce, kale, celery, spinach, purslane, endive, rhubarb and dried prunes.
- Extra virgin avocado oil contains high levels of chlorophyll (40-60 ppm). This Chlorophyll gives avocado oil its emerald green color.
– A source of iron for body organs
– Makes the body more alkaline
– Counteracts toxins eaten
– Improves conditions of anemia
– Cleans and deodorizes bowel tissues
– Helps purify the liver
– Helps sores heal faste
– Eliminates body odors
- Extra virgin avocado oil contains sterols, the most common being Beta-Sitosterol. Typical levels of beta-sitosterol found in virgin avocado oils range from 0.45% to 1.0; the beta-sitosterol content in Mira avocado oil is 91.1%. Beta Sitosterol is good for lowering cholesterol and it helps to alleviate the symptoms of mild to moderate benign prostatic hypertrophy. It has a possible role in the control of chronic inflammatory conditions.
- Avocado oil contains alpha linolenic acid (ALA), which is known as an effective preventer of prostate problems.
- Avocado oil neutralizes free radicals.
- It is useful when mucous membranes, especially the stomach, the small intestine and the colon are suffering from inflammation (are inflamed).
- Avocado oil improves skin and wound healing.
- Healthy fats which avocado oil has!, are important for the optimal operation of the brains and for the prevention of degenerative brain diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease. For more information about this, see: PDF El Dr. Mercola por la salud de los aguacates
For the health benefits of avocado oil see also: http://www.miranaturals.com/avocado-oil-benefits/?lang=en
Take advantage of all these health benefits!
And that can be very simple: Avocado oil is very versatile and easy to incorporate into your diet.It can be added to salads or cold smoothies, but also as a safe and healthy oil for cooking, grilling or frying, because the fatty acids remain stable at high temperatures.
- Add a tablespoon of avocado oil to a smoothie
- Drizzle over salad or fresh sliced avocados
- Use it as a marinade for grilling meat, chicken or fish
- Use it in baking
- Make with avocado oil a homemade mayo; see recipe: http://ecuadorsfinetaste.nl/recepten-met-mira-avocado-olie/
- Drizzle over vegetables for stir-frying
- Use it in soups, for example avocado soup! see recipe: http://ecuadorsfinetaste.nl/recepten-met-mira-avocado-olie/